Batman: Hush is the fourteenth installment in the DC Animated Movie Universe. It was released on Digital July 20, 2019 and 4K Ultra HD, BLU-RAY, and DVD on August 6, 2019. Voice cast for the film was leaked on 2 January revealing it to be part of the universe., While it is the fourth Batman film in the DCAMU, the film is not a sequel to Batman: Bad Blood, but instead a sequel to Reign Of The Supermen.
Bruce Wayne is attending an evening party where he meets Selina Kyle and his childhood friend and renowned brain surgeon Thomas Elliot, until he receives an alert from Alfred about a child kidnapping from Bane. After a brief fight, Batman is confronted by Lady Shiva who tells him an unknown intruder has used the Lazarus Pit and asks for his assistance in identifying them. Batman rescues the child but Catwoman steals the ransom money. As Batman swings through Gotham City in pursuit of her, a mysterious villain shoots his grapple line and he falls to the ground, fracturing his skull. He is nearly killed by a group of nearby criminals until he is saved by Catwoman and Batgirl. Catwoman delivers the ransom money to Poison Ivy, who is controlling her through a hypnotic kiss.
Alfred summons Thomas Elliot to remove skull fragments from Bruce's brain. Batman recovers and pays a trip to Blackgate Prison to interrogate Bane on the whereabouts of the money. Bane eventually escapes, and Batman strikes a deal with Amanda Waller, who allows Bane's escape so Batman can track him. Bane leads Batman to Poison Ivy's now abandoned greenhouse where Catwoman is. Waller captures Bane and returns him to prison.
Catwoman, seeking retaliation for Ivy's manipulation, offers information on her whereabouts to Batman in exchange for a kiss and a tenuous romance blooms between them. Batman and Catwoman follow Poison Ivy to Metropolis. Batman finds Lex Luthor, now a probationary member of the Justice League, and asks for information on a delivery list of an ethylene compound to track down Ivy's location. There they find Ivy has taken control of Superman and she commands the Man of Steel to kill Batman and Catwoman. Batman observes that Superman is subconsciously resisting Ivy's influence, holding back on his attempts to kill both of them. Using knuckledusters made from Kryptonite, Batman stalls Superman while Catwoman lets Lois Lane fall from the Daily Planet building. Superman breaks free of Ivy's control to save Lois. Batman, Superman, and Catwoman work together to capture Ivy, who reveals ( after Catwoman physically threatens to damage her luscious red hair ) that she was being manipulated by a mysterious foe called Hush. Superman then concludes their business and flies away carrying Poison Ivy to prison by carrying her at bend of her knees and lower back. Unbeknownst to Batman and Catwoman they're observed by Hush on an adjacent rooftop and is now aware of their relationship.
Bruce Wayne goes on a date with Selina, who is unaware of the former's identity as Batman, much to the encouragement of his family. The two, along with Thomas Elliot, attend an opera when Harley Quinn arrives and attempts to kill Bruce. In the ensuing struggle, Dr. Elliot is apparently shot dead by the Joker. An enraged Batman violently beats Joker who claims that he is innocent, and he is stopped short of killing him by James Gordon. Bruce attends Elliot's funeral and deduces Joker's innocence as well that Hush must know his secret identity.
After foiling a robbery by the Riddler, Batman chases after Hush but fails to catch him. Afraid for her safety, Batman asks Selina to leave Gotham so she doesn't fall victim to Hush, who vowed to murder everyone close to him. He eventually decides to trust Catwoman and reveals his identity to her, and the two become a romantic crime-fighting couple. Later, Batman investigates the office of Thomas Elliot and discovers one of his patients was someone called Arthur Wynne who sought an operation for an inoperable brain tumor. Nightwing and Catwoman investigate a graveyard break-in and are attacked by the Scarecrow. Nightwing is overpowered by the fear toxin but Catwoman defeats Scarecrow and gets Nightwing to safety. However, she is captured by Hush after Nightwing is taken back to the Bat Cave for medical treatment.
At Arkham Asylum, Batman interrogates Riddler who reveals that he has been Arthur Wynne as well as Hush. He had used a Lazarus Pit to cure himself of his brain tumor and during his time in the pit, he figured out Batman's identity as Bruce Wayne and formed a plan involving several villains to destroy both the personal life and the crime-fighting career of Batman. Batman deduces that Riddler is actually Clayface mimicking his identity while the latter communicated via satellite. After defeating Clayface, Batman finds Riddler's location and the two (along with Catwoman) engage in a final confrontation. Riddler is nearly killed but is saved by Batman with his grapnel. However, a desperate Catwoman cuts the line to save Batman's life and Riddler falls to his death.
In the aftermath, Batman and Catwoman decide to go their separate ways after a fierce disagreement over Batman's ethical code. Both of them acknowledge that while their relationship cannot happen presently, it may someday.
- Jason O'Mara as Batman
- Jennifer Morrison as Catwoman
- Jerry O'Connell as Superman
- Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane
- Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor
- Sean Maher as Nightwing
- Stuart Allan as Damian Wayne - Not credited as Robin
- Peyton R. List as Batgirl
- James Garrett as Alfred Pennyworth
- Bruce Thomas as Commissioner James Gordon
- Maury Sterling as Thomas Elliot
- Vanessa Williams as Amanda Waller
- Geoffrey Arend as Riddler/Hush
- Jason Spisak as Joker
- Peyton List as Poison Ivy
- Sachie Alessio as Lady Shiva
- Adam Gifford as Bane and Clayface
- Hynden Walch as Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn
- Tara Strong as Summer Gleeson
- Chris Cox as Scarecrow
- This is the Joker's, Riddler's, Hush's, Poison Ivy's, and Catwoman's first full appearance.
- Batman changes his costume in the film to match the suit used in the graphic novel. Making this the second DC Hero of the DCAMU to receive a new suit also after Superman in "Reign Of The Supermen"
- In the graphic novel Barbara Gordon was Oracle and Huntress was an ally to Batman while Killer Croc was an unwilling tool in the story. However in this movie Barbara Gordon is Batgirl while Huntress is absent from the movie, and as for Killer Croc he is replaced with Bane.
- Despite having a positive reception by critics, the movie received polarizing reviews by public audiences and fans. After quick analysis, Batman: HUSH became the second least favorite movie in the DCAMU, after Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis.
- Lex Luthor is a probationary member of the Justice League.
- A running gag in the film is all of Bruce's family and friends tease him about his relationship with Selina.
- Batman reveals that he know the existence of Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad, which slightly surprises Waller.
- Peyton List previously portrayed Poison Ivy on Gotham.