Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
In this universe, he is the same Billy Batson, but instead of having the power to turn into Shazam, he instead has the Courage of Achilles, while his foster siblings have the other powers that Shazam has. In this case, he and his foster siblings, have to say Shazam! together to become Captain Thunder. As Captain Thunder, he has three scars on his face, confirmed to been given the scar by Flashpoint Wonder Woman, and he has the same power as the Shazam from the original universe.
He is seen to be in the meeting with Thomas Wayne (Flashpoint Batman). He is seen again talking to Barry Allen, Victor Stone, and Batman, he agrees to join them in stopping the war between Aquaman and Wonder Woman. He and his foster siblings are tasked to distract Wonder Woman while they try to kill Aquaman and/or try to kill her.
In the fight, we are told that he's the only man that Wonder Woman respects out of all the men she fought. In the fight, Captain Thunder and Wonder Woman take the fight to the sky, and he also temporarily gets the upper hand by throwing half a building at her, but the fight goes to Wonder Woman's favor because of experience in the battlefield. Wonder Woman overpowers Captain Thunder and uses the Lasso of Truth to make Captain Thunder say Shazam causing him to turn back into Billy and his foster siblings, back to normal, as soon as this happens, Wonder Woman waste no time on killing Billy, stabbing him, and killing him.
Justice League: War
At an unknown point in time, Billy was placed into the foster system, ending up in a foster home in Metropolis with Darla and Freddy Freeman as foster siblings. Billy went to the Metropolis Stadium to watch the Titans play against the Mustangs in the State finals. While attempting to go in, he was stopped at the ticket booth by the entrance guard asking to see his ticket. Seeing an older couple behind him, he told the guard that the man was his father, and he had the tickets. While the entrance guard was taking the tickets from the old man, Billy snuck into the stadium before the guard realized the man only had two tickets, for him and his wife. After making his way in, Billy sat in the seat reserved for Silas Stone and cheered with the rest of the crowd as the Titans won the game.
When the game was over, Billy was trying to hide from one of the guards that was looking for him and made his way into the locker-room. He was recognized by Victor Stone as the latter had saw him sitting in his father's reserved seat. After Victor helped Billy evade the guard that was searching for him, Billy complimented Victor on single-handily winning the game by throwing the last touch down pass and later left, though not before stealing Victor's football jersey. Billy later made his way home, attempting to sneak in through the window, although he was caught by Freddy and Darla. After drinking a glass of milk and mocking both Freddy and Darla for believing that there was an "invasion of monsters", Billy went outside to the backyard after hearing screams.
Turning into Shazam, Billy hit a Parademon into the sky with a bat, and flew off. Later, Billy took several defeated Parademons back to S.T.A.R. Labs, under the impression that that was where they had originated. While there, he recognized Victor Stone, despite the latter being transformed into a cyborg. Billy along with Victor went to downtown Metropolis, meeting Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and The Flash. When Darkseid arrived, in an attempt to impress Wonder Woman, Billy struck Darkseid with lightning, though he was hit with an omega beam in the process. Darkseid took down each of the heroes one by one and Shazam, trying to impress Wonder Woman, attacked Darkseid with a bolt of lightning, but was repelled back by an omega beam from Darkseid.
After the capture of Superman and Batman breaking into Apokolips to save him, Green Lantern gathered the group and told them that they needed to work together rather than by themselves. Green Lantern made a plan to distract Darkseid so Wonder Woman could stab him in the eye and the team lunged after Darkseid. Shazam almost ruined the plan by charging after Darkseid alone, but the team still managed to blind Darkseid together and Shazam helped Cyborg power up a mother box to help the others lock Darkseid in a portal that sent him back to Apokolips.
The aftershock turned Shazam back into Billy Batson and Cyborg caught him and dropped him off near an apartment building. Cyborg promised to keep Billy's secret and left. Cyborg helped cover Billy Batson's identity by saying Shazam took off, saying he had a hot date. With the world saved, the once-discriminated superheroes gained the public's trust and were honored at the White House. Grateful to have met others like themselves but debating whether they should be a team if a similar threat happens, the President of the United States asked whether they had a name. The newly formed group was annoyed when Shazam abruptly announced the "Super Seven" without the others' consent.
Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
Unlike Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern, who prefer to work solo, Shazam frequents the Hall of Justice to see Cyborg. He appears to have meddled with the sign above the door to have his goofy team name, given it was being taken down. During the fight with Orm, Orm used his trident bring upon a lot of lightning on top of him so much that he reverted to Billy Batson. At the end of the film, he suggests Aquaman's codename based on the gossip on the internet.
Justice League vs. Teen Titans
Shazam was not present in Trigon's invasion attempt, possibly because he was on Oa when the Legion of Doom attacked the Hall of Justice
Justice League Dark
Following unexplained instances around the world where people were reporting seeing demons and monsters. At the Justice League in the Hall of Justice meeting, Superman explained that the possibility of magic being behind the events is more than likely and referenced Shazam's magic being clear evidence of a supernatural involvement.
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Shazam was present with the rest of the Justice League during Superman's briefing on the attack on Apokolips. Shazam later accompanied the Justice League during their invasion of Apokolips. while the Teen Titans remain on Earth as a home-guard. Upon arriving, they were immediately attacked by Paradooms, genetic hybrids of Parademons and Doomsday. Despite the League's valiant efforts, they are utterly decimated and were either killed or incapacitated. Shazam was grievously injured, with a claw slash across his face and had his right leg torn off by the Paradooms, and Cyborg created a boom tube that allowed him to escape back to Earth before he could be killed. Shazam presumably never changed back into Billy Batson again due to the risk of the summoned lightning strike drawing Paradooms to his location, and as such retained his lost leg.
Two years later, Shazam, now blinded in his right eye and using lightning magic to give him an alternate right leg, re-appeared as part of one of the groups tasked to destroy one of the Reaper devices attached to the Earth's surface, alongside Steel and Superboy. After Steel and Superboy's deaths at the hands of the Paradooms sent to defend the Reaper, Shazam, with the heart of a lion, intensely fought off the large number of Paradooms that were coming at him, but after a while, he began to struggle with the overwhelming force, and as such the Paradooms began to eat him alive. Desperate to defeat his enemies, Shazam yelled out the wizard’s name one final time, summoning a large bolt of lightning onto himself and causing an explosion, presumably killing the Paradooms attacking him.
Shazam's fate afterwards is unknown, but it is twofold: he was to have either been killed by more of the Paradooms in his Billy Batson state, or have succumbed to his severe injuries in his Shazam state.
Billy Batson can be a somewhat mischievous and arrogant kid, but ultimately with a kind and compassionate heart. He is also seen to be very headstrong as seen when he fought Darkseid. He is seen to be very cheerful, as in when he names the team the "Super 7". He is also very imaginative and tries to come up with names, but all of them get turned down.
Even as a child, Billy knows when the time calls for it, to be very serious, and is very brave, as seen in his fights with the Paradooms. He is also courageous enough to do a kamikaze and kill a fair amount of the Paradooms.
Powers and Abilities
- Mystical Transformation: After being chosen by the the Wizard as his champion, Billy was granted the ability to transform into the avatar of “Shazam” by calling out the avatar’s name, which summons a bolt of lightning from the sky and transforms Billy into an adult version of himself with superhuman and magical abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Shazam possesses superhuman strength, allowing him subdue several Parademons easily as well as throwing a vehicle into a Parademon to stop them from attacking civilians. In the Flashpoint timeline, Shazam (as Captain Thunder) is strong enough to lift a building.
- Superhuman Speed: Shazam was able to move at superhuman speeds.
- Flight: Shazam is able to deft gravity and soar through the air at will.
- Superhuman Durability: Shazam was able to withstand attacks from Darkseid's powerful blows and Omega Beams (granted it probably wasn't at full power), and took a punch from Wonder Woman without any visible injury.
- Electrokinesis: Shazam was able to project lightning from his hands. He was able to augment his punches with electricity to hurt Darkseid, and later he was able to power a Mother Box to send Parademons back to Apokolips. He can also use this power in a way akin to telekinesis by utilizing the electromagnetic properties of most metals, as he was able to swing an Atlantean battle ship around with his electricity.
- Electric Constructs: After his leg was torn off by a Paradoom, Shazam was able to create an artificial prosthetic leg created entirely from electricity.
- Expert Combatant: Batson is an excellent fighter. However, in his Shazam state, he takes advantage of his powers rather than his real ability.
- Electricity: If hit with enough lightning, Shazam will revert back to his human form. A prime example was when he was hit by Orm wielding the Trident of Poseidon. The lightning from the weapon was enough to revert him back to Billy Batson.
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
- Justice League: War
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
- Justice League vs. Teen Titans (mentioned)
- Justice League Dark (mentioned)
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (no dialogue; dies)
- Shazam, previously known as Captain Marvel, first appeared in Whiz Comics #2 created by Bill Parker and C.C. Beck.
- The creators of Justice League: War stated that they wished to make Shazam visually different from Superman, so they had lightning often surrounding Shazam when he flies to help tell them apart.
- Due to Shazam's absence in the films could mean that he's doing his own thing with the Shazam Family. Or because of the death of Superman, he took a break from it to heal.
- In the film Justice League: War he introduced himself as Shazam but didn't revert back to Billy Batson, this can be because in order to transform he has to yell SHAZAM!
- Captain Marvel & Shazam from DC Wikia
- Captain Marvel & Shazam from Superhero Database
- Shazam! from Lego Marvel DC Wikia
- Captain Marvel from DC Animated Universe Wikia
- Shazam/Captain Marvel (William Joseph "Billy" Batson) from Justice League Action Wikia
- Captain Marvel & Shazam! from DC Movies Wikia
- Shazam & Billy Batson from DC Extended Universe Wikia
- Captain Marvel (DC Comics) from Superheroes Wikia
- Captain Marvel from Young Justice Wikia
- Captain Marvel from DC Comics Extended Universe Wikia
- Captain Marvel from Smallville Wikia
- Shazam from Unnatural World Wikia
- Shazam from Teen Titans Go! Wikia
- Captain Marvel from SuperFriends Wikia
- Shazam from Shazam Wikia
- Captain Marvel (DC Comics) from Wikipedia
- Shazam! from Uncyclopedia Wikia
- Captain Marvel from Batman: the Brave & the Bold Wikia
- Shazam from DC Universe Online Wikia
- Shazam from Injustice Wikia
- Shazam from Injustice Mobile Wikia
- Shazam (DC) from Heroes Wikia
- Shazam from Infinite Crisis Wikia
- Captain Marvel (DC Comics) from Ultimate Pop Culture Wikia
- Shazam from The New 52 Batman Wikia
- Shazam from Character Profile Wikia
- Shazam from JLADF Wikia
- Since there are no reboots/sequels planned, all characters (excluding Barry Allen) is considered deceased.
- Justice League: War Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "War" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "War" defined multiple times with different content