The DC Animated Movie Universe (DCAMU) was an unofficial term used to refer to a series of animated films based on DC Comics' The New 52, all set within a shared universe. The universe itself began with the end of the 2013 film Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. While it is a respectful successor to the DCAU, the DCAMU serves as a "reboot" to the DC Animation world. The universe ended its run with the 2020 film Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.
Films[edit | edit source]
|Justice League: War||Son of Batman||Justice League: Throne of Atlantis||Batman vs. Robin||Batman: Bad Blood||Justice League vs. Teen Titans||Justice League Dark|
|Alan Tudyk||Jerry O'Connell||Jerry O'Connell|
|Michelle Monaghan||Rosario Dawson||Rosario Dawson|
|Justin Kirk||Nathan Fillion|
|Christopher Gorham||Christopher Gorham||Christopher Gorham|
|Shemar Moore||Shemar Moore||Shemar Moore|
|Stuart Allan||Stuart Allan|
|Sean Maher||Sean Maher|
|Jake T. Austin|
|Brandon Soo Hoo|
|Talia al Ghul||Morena Baccarin||Morena Baccarin|
|Ra's al Ghul||Giancarlo Esposito||T.C. Carson|
|The Joker||Dee Bradley Baker|
|Black Manta||Harry Lennix|
|Lex Luthor||Steve Blum||Steve Blum|
Robin Atkin Downes
Rebirth[edit | edit source]
- Superman: Man of Tomorrow
- Justice Society: World War II
- Batman: The Long Halloween (Part 1 & Part 2)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some characters look exactly like characters from the Young Justice series
- Despite the beginning of this universe being based on The New 52, it concludes in a completely different fashion due to the absence of Dr. Manhattan and Pandora's additional manipulations from the comics.
- However, it does seem Wally West was replaced with Wally West II like in the comics, as a different Kid Flash is seen dead next to Bumblebee and Starfire in the final film.
- The ending of the final movie concludes with Flash creation a second Flashpoint Paradox, aiming to fix the tragedy that was caused after the final war with Darkseid, completely altering the timeline or restoring the original.
- This action likely echoes the quote from Flash's mother "Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can and have the wisdom to know the difference"
- It's unknown if Barry altered his mother's fate again or did something different.
- Given all the villains dying over the course of the series, it's no surprise that a new alteration to the timeline would end it (to bring them back).
- Villains that normally have ways to escape death are much weaker and end up dying.
- Superheroes in the Original and Flashpoint Timelines have strangely disproportionate bodies, with their torsos largely bloated with small heads.
- The Timeline is not thoroughly explained in the films as between Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: War, there are a lot of continuity errors, and throughout the films, there are unexplained costume changes.
- It is often considered that DC Animated Movie Universe is a counterpart of Marvel Animated Universe which was started a year before DC Animated Movie Universe.