- "Break the sound barrier and there's a sonic boom. You broke the time barrier, Flash. Time boom. Ripples of distortion radiated out through that point of impact, shifting everything just a tiny bit. But enough. Enough for events to happen slightly different."
- —Eobard Thawne to Barry Allen about the nature of the Flashpoint Paradox[src]
The Flashpoint Paradox was an alternate timeline that was inadvertently created by Barry Allen after he traveled back in time to prevent the death of his mother Nora Allen. The resulting changes to the timeline triggered a series of events that culminated in a war between the Atlanteans and the Amazons, which nearly destroyed the entire world had Barry not gone back in time to prevent himself from ever altering the timeline.
After the Justice League foiled Eobard Thawne's plan to destroy Barry Allen and 10 square blocks of Central City, Barry decided to use the Speed Force to run back in time and save his mother Nora Allen from being murdered. He was spurred to do this after Thawne taunted Barry by saying that he could never save the people that truly mattered to him. 
Flash was later forced to create a new Flashpoint to undo the damage Darkseid had done, erasing the New Timeline that was created after the original Flashpoint was undone.
- Justice League
- Deathstroke's Pirate Crew
- Bruce Wayne
- Hal Jordan
- Harleen Quinzel/Yo-Yo
- Abin Sur
- James Forrest
- David Singh (mentioned)
- Elongated Kid (mentioned)
- Judge Dent (mentioned)
- Iris West
- Nora Allen
- Samuel Lane
- Martha Wayne/Joker
- Martha Kent
- Jonathan Kent
- Joe Chill
- Steve Trevor
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
- Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay (flashback)
- Justice League Dark: Apokolips War (mentioned)
- The Flashpoint Paradox is never named onscreen, but takes its name from the eponymous film that it's featured in.