Justice League Dark is the eighth installment in the DC Animated Movie Universe. It was released digitally on January 24, 2017, and was later released on DVD and Blu-ray on February 7, 2017. A spin-off titled Constantine: City of Demons was released on October 9, 2018 (Film Version)
This is the first DC Animation full feature film to feature the Justice League: DARK superhero team that consists of John Constatine, Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Deadman, Black Orchid and Etrigon.
When innocent civilians begin committing unthinkable crimes across Metropolis, Gotham City and beyond, Batman must call upon mystical counterparts to eradicate this demonic threat to the planet. Enter Justice League Dark, reluctantly led by the Hellblazer himself, John Constantine. Like Batman, Constantine is a cunning, often cynical loner who is the best at his chosen profession – but quickly realizes the sinister forces plaguing the planet will require help from other supernatural alliances. Forming a new “league” with sorceress Zatanna, otherworldly Deadman, and Jason Blood and his powerful alter ego Etrigan the Demon, this team of Dark Arts specialists must unravel the mystery of Earth’s supernatural plague and contend with the rising, powerful villainous forces behind the siege – before it’s too late for all of mankind.
- Matt Ryan as John Constantine/Hellblazer
- Jason O'Mara as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Camilla Luddington as Zatanna Zatara
- Nicholas Turturro as Boston Brand/Deadman
- Ray Chase as Jason Blood/Etrigan the Demon
- Roger R. Cross as Alec Holland/Swamp Thing
- Jerry O'Connell as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman
- Rosario Dawson as Princess Diana/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Roger R. Cross as John Stewart
- Jeremy Davies as Ritchie Simpson
- Enrico Colantoni as Felix Faust
- Alfred Molina as Destiny
- Colleen Villard as Black Orchid
- JB Blanc as Abnegazar
- Jeffrey Vincent Parise as Rath
- Fred Tatasciore as Ghast
- According to Zatanna, the earth near Faust's observatory is saturated with dark magic.
- The Green Lantern, Hal Jordan, has temporarily traded sectors with fellow Lantern, John Stewart, taking his place in the Justice League.
- Hawkman and the Martian Manhunter have joined the Justice League prior to the film.
- Behind the scenes its stated that it's not necessary to use solo hero movies to keep bringing new heroes.
- Faust is apparently strong enough to cast spells without incantations, while Zatanna speaks hers backwards, and Constainine speaks Latin to invoke magic.
- It's suggested David Copperfield is a true magician in this universe. Being liked by the Demons Three; they find his "woman in a box" trick to be classy.
- Constantine backs this up by telling Blood "Owns a chain of islands and dated Claudia Schiffer as proof of Copperfield's magic.
- It’s the first movie in the DC Animated Movie Universe to be rated R by the MPAA.