The Death of Superman is the eleventh installment in the DC Animated Movie Universe. It was released digitally on July 24, 2018, and on DVD and Blu-ray on August 7, 2018. A sequel, Reign of the Supermen, was released in January 2019., An Extended version of the two-parters will release in October 2019 titled "The Death And Return Of Superman"
The Death of Superman ultimately finds Superman in a fight to the finish when the Man of Steel becomes the only hero who can stand in the way of the monstrous creature Doomsday and his unstoppable rampage of destruction.
Extended Version Edit
In August 2019, Warner Bros/DC Animation announced a complete feature of Death and Reign of Superman that is titled "The Death And Return Of Superman" The feature will release on October 2019 with brand new footage, features and more.
- Jerry O'Connell as Clark Kent/Superman
- Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane
- Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor
- Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman
- Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern
- Christopher Gorham as The Flash
- Matt Lanter as Aquaman
- Shemar Moore as Cyborg
- Nyambi Nyambi as Martian Manhunter
- Jason O'Mara as Batman
- Jonathan Adams as Mayor Booker
- Rocky Carroll as Silas Stone and Perry White
- Trevor Devall as Dabney Donovan and Bruno Mannheim
- Paul Eiding as Jonathan Kent
- Patrick Fabian as Hank Henshaw
- Jennifer Hale as Martha Kent
- Charles Halford as Bibbo Bibbowski
- Erica Luttrell as Mercy Graves
- Max Mittleman as Jimmy Olsen
- Toks Olagundoye as Cat Grant
- Rick Pasqualone as Dan Turpin
- Amanda Troop as Maggie Sawyer
- Cress Williams as John Henry Irons
- Max Mittleman as Steve Lombard
- There is a callback to the the 1978 film Superman. In the film, after Superman catches Lois falling from a helicopter, he says "I've got you." Lois replies, "You've got me? Who's got you?" In this film, the same lines are spoken, but the roles are swapped.
- Shazam is noticeably missing. At this time, its unknown if his magical powers would have helped defeat Doomsday easier.
- In the Original Comic, The Justice League weren't involved in the fight against Doomsday.
- Other than Superman, Wonder Woman is the only leaguer to hold her own against a killing machine like Doomsday.
- Even though Aquaman made his appearance in the movie, he wasn't with the League fighting Doomsday. As he decided to protect his people by staying in Atlantis.